If you have crooked teeth that you have always wanted to be straightened but the look of metal braces holds you back from reaching this goal, Invisalign provides the perfect solution. Invisalign is a popular brand of clear orthodontic teeth alignment devices. If your dentist finds you a good candidate, you will wear Invisalign teeth
If you have crooked teeth that you have always wanted to be straightened but the look of metal braces holds you back from reaching this goal, Invisalign provides the perfect solution. Invisalign is a popular brand of clear orthodontic teeth alignment devices. If your dentist finds you a good candidate, you will wear Invisalign teeth aligners for a period that ranges from 12-18 months, depending on the kind of correction your smile requires. Your dentist will tell you to wear the aligners up to 22 hours every day and pay them a visit every few weeks to change aligners. Fresh aligners will continue to correct your teeth as they start to shift into the desired position.
Reasons Invisalign Works Better than Traditional Braces
Below are the main reasons Invisalign works better for patients than traditional braces:
- Cosmetics. Invisalign aligners provide the most aesthetically pleasing way to straighten your teeth. With traditional braces, people will know you are going through the teeth straightening process which can usually result in some embracing moments. But, Invisalign braces can straighten your teeth without people knowing about it. Hop over to this web-site to learn more.
- Comfort. Invisalign braces are made with soft plastic trays that are more comfortable than traditional wire braces. Wire braces may snag in the mouth and tear the tissue in your lips and cheeks which can be quite uncomfortable and painful. Also, as they work by applying pressure to the teeth, they can be more painful. Invisalign makes of a series of plastic trays which shift your teeth into place. It requires less pressure in the trays than wire braces.
- Ease of cleaning. Traditional wire braces cannot be removed and should be cleaned. This can make cleaning them ineffective which leads to poor oral hygiene. Invisalign makes it possible to clean the trays for a clean mouth.
- Food restrictions. When you choose traditional braces, you cannot eat any food you want. You will have to avoid food that can harm your braces. Gums and similar foods are especially not allowed with these braces as they can stick to them. Your dentist will also emphasize that you must avoid eating hard-to-chew foods as they can damage the wires. With Invisalign aligners, you can remove the plastic trays while eating. Thus, you don’t have to worry about damaging the trays or getting something stuck to them.
- Faster results. According to many studies, metal braces take an average of nearly 36 months to provide the results you want. But, Invisalign treatments can usually take 12-18 months.
- Frequency of office visits. Getting traditional braces means visiting your dentist as often as every six weeks to have your braces adjusted and tightened to align your teeth gradually. Although a single visit to your dentist may not be as expensive, the cost can add up if you have to visit every six weeks. If you choose Invisalign, you get a set of trays and you put in the next tray in the set yourself every two weeks without visiting your dentist.